10 October 2009

Asta is Not With Us Anymore...


  • Asta, our pet Fox Terrier, is no more. As i mentioned on a reply in FaceBook, she lived an eventful and contented life.
  • ENTHUSIASTIC - the word to describe her every day of existence. For a dog, she taught me a lot. 'Dog'matic in many ways, she was demure and very mature. Yes, always retained that uncertain characteristic of changing the mood and letting off on the street-side brat or mongrel. Showed the importance of remaining unpredictable in life!
  • Though most of my interactions with her were that of pulling tails, snatching the ball from her mouth (towards the end, that was very dangerous as an odd tooth was a likely addition to the ball too !) or generally running around, it was the silent friendship that she kept that was most reliving.
  • As I write this, I am reminded of how she stood guard near the bundle of joy called 'Siddharth'... we were apprehensive that she may not like the chap and may misbehave. But it was such an unfounded thought - we learnt only much later. Apologies for that, Asta.
  • I am sure that this is one association I will not forget too soon... regards, ever, Asta.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A touching farewell indeed...

Yadvendra Jadon said...

A touching farewell to someone I never knew existed.
I will remember it though because of my own loss Frinto passed away yesterday and his death came too early and fortunately too fast.

Please accept my condolences.

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear the news,
I never knew about Asta's quiet existence.
She has left for happier pastures and the depth of your feeling makes her immortal and meaningful being.

sanjay