- Have been on the trip to get all my data syncronised... what use of the new HTC that one has got under the belt. But, as the road to discovery showed, it is not that an easy task.
- After all, what does the normal guy-on-the-street need, really?
- Have an updated Google Calendar (mind you, the aspect of events needing a re-fresh at the start of the new year is a thing to keep in mind... yes! need to suggest this to Googleplex'ers).
- Sync the Contacts on the Outlook, with those on Gmail, and finally those on the phone. Beat it, after weeks of trying out a slew of freewares... must confess that some of the plans did not materialise (umm, fully). I tried out GCalSync, GMobileSync and GooSync for syncronising the Google Calendar to the phone.
- For the sync of the Contacts, there were many options ( i found NuevaSync one of the best) but... and imagine the look on my face on seeing the all-in-one plan rolled out by Google Inc itself. strongly recco a visit to the self-explanatory site.
- Must confess, after all the obedience of instructions on the Google site, have yet to get the sync happen for the Contacts part (fear of the notice put-up, saying you may loose existing data on the phone). The Calendar is working fine now, though. Even the latest Kalnirnay (Marathi annual calendar is out on the Public Calendars on google... you can get it here)... that way, i can show the 'updated' state i am in - in so far as Marathi social events goes!! If interested, some details to begin with, are here.
- In fact, I intend putting a list up of all the essential softwares one would need... oof! why did it not be like gut-ol-times when we had a nice old black (backelite) phone with a rotary dial... and had enough time to book calls with the civil exchange and wait at leisure... training the vocal chords for the tryst with the feeble voice on the other end of the wire. Anyway, digression, digression... more of my woes tomorrow.
21 February 2009
All My 'Syncing' Woes...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
... oof! why did it not be like gut-ol-times.....
OR you could just give-in to the reality that Symbian Rules.....
Hi! just wanted to leave a comment coz u said u liked them!!tell me the day u overcome "u'll lose all the data " part!
Phew! I've been, diligently, reading your "woes", and I promise, any more of this 'techie' stuff, and you'll have to hear a very long list of my woes!!
On the other hand, two thumbs up, for the 'look'! Coming from an Art Director, I'd say u should be happy!
I have no idea why that calls me anonymous! More 'techie' stuff...I promise I put my name and everything else it asked!! Shub.
I must thank you, though, for the 'Kalnirnay', I've 'bookmarked' it after having been critical of your 'thoughts' :)
interesting post....
Post a Comment